Gosh, I've never seen one of these.

Hi,

Saw that a lot when I was in the middle east for the Gulf War. The only difference is the "receptacle" was oval, porcelain and set into the floor with a footprint on either side.

We had to carry our own paper around with us, 'cuz the bathrooms in cafés and gas stations, such as they were, didn't have any - just the ubiquitous hose.

There's a reason why, unless you really want to piss someone off, you never touch anyone with your left hand in the middle east.

OT - OF!!!

M.

I didn't even realize it was a vegetable sprayer till I'd stared at it for several seconds. What the heck is it used for? To clean the bowl, or the nether regions following a movement? And how does someone do that without soaking the floor and his or her clothes?

Originally posted by Bain

I didn't even realize it was a vegetable sprayer till I'd stared at it for several seconds. What the heck is it used for? To clean the bowl, or the nether regions following a movement? And how does someone do that without soaking the floor and his or her clothes?

It's for cleaning the bowl. See them often.

Captain

Uh, Uh,

If it was a muslim family it is definitely for the bum. It's a cultural thing. Even out in the sticks they'll carry a water bottle around and won't drink it, 'cuz they need the water to wash after squeegying their bum off with their left hand.

At our Camp Nelligan cage in southern Iraq we had to make sure every EPW had an extra bottle of water just for that purpose. In fact, a damn mini-riot broke out one day when one of the platoons didn't supply enough extra water bottles.

Kind of kewl, huh? Betch nobody over there bites their nails!

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Captain,

I'm still clueless, but imagine you're someone in that Cuban family. Could you really look another person in the face and say, "Oh, I use that to spray ice-cold water up my a*s after every movement so I have a squeaky clean bum. Of course, it splatters all over the rest of my body and clothes, too, but who cares?