Jump to content

Can you guys ID this for me?


Recommended Posts

Yes, it's a backflow preventer/check valve. It's not too common if this is a single family residence. I usually find them in commercial buildings, multi-family and LARGE homes, all with fire suppression sprinkler systems.

It has test cocks for annual testing, required by the manufacturer, if not local code. I don't see a relief port so vertical installation might not be an issue. There should be a strainer if there is no filter preceding it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...