Reflection on a cul-de-sac

It wasn't all that high, but I did have to fully extend my 26' Little Giant (thankfully, no wind).

I took the picture looking into the arch window. You can see the reflections of the foyer chandelier and stairs on the left, beyond the image of my ladder.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201158215245_1%20183.jpg

59.47 KB

Did you see the pitch of that lower roof? I wouldn't think of walking it, let alone pulling a ladder up onto it. Actually, if you could get to the ridge of that lower roof, you could probably get up onto the upper roof without a ladder.

I routinely pull a smaller Little Giant up onto lower roofs to get to upper ones - as long as the pitch is reasonable.

Twice this week, I fully extended the big LG, but didn't use it. Both times it was against a chimney that was not much more wide than the ladder. Both times I got 3/4 of the way up, but backed down, saying to myself this is crazy ..... why am I even trying to do this.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20115822253_1%20010.jpg

40.93 KB

Did you see the pitch of that lower roof? I wouldn't think of walking it, let alone pulling a ladder up onto it. Actually, if you could get to the ridge of that lower roof, you could probably get up onto the upper roof without a ladder.

I routinely pull a smaller Little Giant up onto lower roofs to get to upper ones - as long as the pitch is reasonable.

Twice this week, I fully extended the big LG, but didn't use it. Both times it was against a chimney that was not much more wide than the ladder. Both times I got 3/4 of the way up, but backed down, saying to myself this is crazy ..... why am I even trying to do this.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20115822253_1%20010.jpg

40.93 KB

To each his own; I don't see anything difficult about either scenario, but that might just be me. You have to remember that I was put to work by my old man before I was 12 and that work included both silos and roofs with similar pitches.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike