been a good year so far

I've had the best three months of my 5 year existence as an HI.

Many young couples in this area are opting for new homes and many of them are the smaller ones in the under 300K range. Because of this I've had a decent run of very easy inspections. I spoke too soon though since the last two (existing and older) were way more time consuming than I expected. Gotta watch those ones that don't have a listing to check out first.

All in all, things have been great and I'm looking forward to a little time off to work on my house.

Thanks to you all for the help you've given me here and there. I hope you are doing well too.

Things are better here as well. Also young couples buying smaller homes. These are the people who are buying a house for the purpose of raising a family and owning long term so they start smart, small and affordable. I'll work all day long with a smile on my face for clients who really want to own, live in and use their house.

We're inspecting a lot of ridiculously large houses, too. Our two person business has done over two hundred inspections for the year so far. Can't complain. i could use some easy inspections too John, but most around here are 60 to 100 years old, and the report writing on those can be very time consuming.

Hopefully the optimism will drift my way. We didn't crash as badly as our southern bros, but the whiplash of the market collapse is keeping it slow here.

Young couples can barely afford to buy a shack here if they both work like dogs for 30 years. So no wonder they have a hard time getting financing.

I've had half a dozen calls in the last 3 weeks with folks needing an inspection within 24 or 48 hours.

Multiple offers are on the surge again here and folks are either waiving inspections or shortening the inspection contingencies to 2-4 days--just like the boom times.

Very few homes for sale here. Too many buyers.

I dunno much about inventory,

I can say that the phone has been ringing off the hook for the past couple of weeks. I've easily referred 2 - 3 times as many folks to other inspectors than I could have done on my own. Wish to hell I'd hired someone and trained him up ages ago.

I don' t know if this is a fluke or a sign of what's to come, but I'm glad that whatever it is has arrived. Time to make hay while the sun is shining.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Activity here is NE Florida have certainly picked up after an absolutely horrible January. We had good results in February and March which were significantly better than the same periods of time dating back to 2008. Our market typically gets busier and busier through August.

I cant be too optimistic, however, its simply been such a long period of distress that I will wait for another month or two before I celebrate.

Charles