Home inspectors of America

Ive been thinking about getting into HI for a awhile now. I have been looking into AHIT and other programs, but I am unable to afford any of them as I am unemployed at the time. I do have about 20 years of plumbing experience and I know my way a house. I also have a certificate of completion in Building Inspection Technology. Anyways, I saw an add on craigslists the other day and I sent them my resume and they seemed interested.http://sacramento.craigslist.org/trd/3064879059.html But, I have to pay $45 down and pay a monthly due. The place is called Home Inspectors of America. They are out of Colorado. Has anybody heard of them and or does this sound a little fishy to you? Any help would be appreciated. I'm dying to get back to work!

Ive been thinking about getting into HI for a awhile now. I have been looking into AHIT and other programs, but I am unable to afford any of them as I am unemployed at the time. I do have about 20 years of plumbing experience and I know my way a house. I also have a certificate of completion in Building Inspection Technology. Anyways, I saw an add on craigslists the other day and I sent them my resume and they seemed interested.http://sacramento.craigslist.org/trd/3064879059.html But, I have to pay $45 down and pay a monthly due. The place is called Home Inspectors of America. They are out of Colorado. Has anybody heard of them and or does this sound a little fishy to you? Any help would be appreciated. I'm dying to get back to work!

You can send me the $45 and I will promise to give you the same results!

Here's a tip,

When the guy who's going to train you starts talking about how much money you can make identifying issues and then repairing them, you don't want to listen to the guy - he's probably a crook.

Ever had the hair on the back of you neck go up after you took your car in for an oil change and the guy came out and said he'd found X is broke and needs to be repaired at a cost of $X and then gone down the street and had the car double-checked and another mechanic said the first guy was full of sh*t?

You've already got some training. Find a guy to work under as an intern and spend a year learning the gig. Then go out on your own.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply's.. I know it's unethical to repair things that you inspected, I think it's even a law in california that you cant.

So, I of course passed on it. I've been looking into AHIT for awhile now, but I prefer to to be in a class room and be hands on. Maybe I could make some phone calls and ask some Inspectors if the would take out on a few inspections.