New split system

John Dirks Jr

Speaking of AC systems,

They've come a long way. When I was a mechanic back in the 70's it was a pain to recharge an automotive AC system. When mine went out on my car a few weeks ago, I went over to the auto parts store and bought a charging kit for less than fifty bucks and re-charged and resealed my own system in less than ten minutes. She's working like a champ now. That would have cost one a couple of hours and lots of money thirty years ago.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Speaking of AC systems,

They've come a long way. When I was a mechanic back in the 70's it was a pain to recharge an automotive AC system. When mine went out on my car a few weeks ago, I went over to the auto parts store and bought a charging kit for less than fifty bucks and re-charged and resealed my own system in less than ten minutes. She's working like a champ now. That would have cost one a couple of hours and lots of money thirty years ago.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

My '98 Cherokee would leak down via bad evap core. I could charge it and it would last maybe 2 weeks.

Last year I dug in and replaced the evap core and it's been icy cold ever since. I spent years without AC in that vehicle. The total cost to me for parts and supplies was about $400 considering I replaced a leaky heater core at the same time. It took a good day and a half to disassemble/remove the dash and all that. It was well worth it. I wish I had built up the guts to do it sooner. A good tutorial from a web based forum came in very helpful.

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif dash.jpg

115.2 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif 90.jpg

74.44 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif 38.jpg

51.97 KB

The units come charge for a certain length of line set which is soldered to each unit. You can add shorted the line set, then you have to adjust the amount of Freon in the system.

It use to be 25 ft length if i remember right.

If I'm wrong Terry or someone will set us right.

That would be correct,the condensor comes comes factory charged. [;)]