Kitchen Faucet

allseason

On a kitchen faucet-the type with the valve handle that pulls out to the side to turn on the water and then moves from front to back to control temperature. Should the hot increase as you push the handle rearward, that's what I commonly see. I had one today where the water temperature rose when the handle was pulled forward. This one looks to be installed backwards as the handle is commonly on the right.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2013315211648_161%20Ave%20051.jpg

56.12 KB

Left-handed faucet, I'm afraid it is wrong, even tho I was born left-handed.[:-thumbd]

It is a quick fix for someone that is 'handy'. See, I made a joke.

Some models have a red and a blue dot. It seems to me red is on the left, blue on the right, so the handles goes forward for hot.

Those I would mention if the red dot side runs cold. Same thing tho, easy fix.

Such as the power vent in the attic wired with a lamp cord? Hollow core wood door between the garage and boiler area in the basement? The hardwood floors sanded with a 60 grit and finished with half a coat of poly? It's all good though as the realtor informs me they've gotten the C of O.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201331614599_161%20Ave%20022.jpg

49.61 KB

Kurt,

Your reply, "What that faucet is really telling you is there's more stupid stuff elsewhere" reminds me of an article that I read many years back titled, How to develop your X-Ray vision. It was writen by a home inspector whose name I do not recall. The article many things that are discussed in this forum.

Has anyone read the article? Have a copy? Lost my copy to a flood.

Lee