Pickled Snakes

My son was recently inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. The staff board had to prepare a 30 second speach for the ceremony. Not one of them could bother to memorize it, only one of them could read their own statement above an elementary school level. The staff president of the chapter was the worst.

Truly disturbing.

I've looked at the pics several times. Jimmy said (and I stole) "every house has a story.....I just write them down."

I can only come up with disturbing stories here. Another oddity in the billion footed city.

A bottom fiver.....maybe bottom 8-10'er.

Hey, the guy had an unusual hobby and was something of a natural philosopher. Why's that disturbing? My own house has, at various times, contained cat pelts (I was saving them up to make a vest before, regrettably, the moths got to them.), skulls from dogs, cats, deer, birds, and mice, and nearly a hundred insects preserved in vials of alcohol. I carry a pillowcase in my car to pick up snakes that I find and, though I don't pickle them, I do bring them home to release under my porch, to keep down the population of mice.

There is something to be said for a previous age, when people learned about the world around them by studying it firsthand rather than reading about it.

I didn't understand one isn't allowed interpretative freedom in storytelling.

Note to self.....when making up stories, stick to the script.

On the contrary, my post was about allowing interpretative freedom in storytelling. You said that you could *only* imagine disturbing stories. I'm suggesting that there are other possible stories here, not all of which are disturbing.

I didn't understand one isn't allowed interpretative freedom in storytelling.

Note to self.....when making up stories, stick to the script.

On the contrary, my post was about allowing interpretative freedom in storytelling. You said that you could *only* imagine disturbing stories. I'm suggesting that there are other possible stories here, not all of which are disturbing.

Congrats on arriving at the 9K mile marker.

I stopped at 5K for a breather a few weeks ago.

Marc