Seattle area--roofing inspctr/exprt witness needed

David Meiland

What kind of roof?

I'm 2nd string on a big standing seam metal job that the builder screwed up, and the starters are a big expert witness outfit specializing in standing seam. I'm learning a few things, like, I don't think I'd want to be the expert on a very big complicated standing seam metal roof.

oh gawd..... Yeah, O'Handley then.

I've learned a few things about roof disputes/litigation. Like anything else, the folks that specialize in it are worth the dough. I'm pretty good on flats and asphalt....but I'm getting my eyes opened on this standing seam gig. I thought I knew some things about steel and now understand I'm junior varsity on standing seam. Whew.....

Learning from other experts can be very eye opening. I had the opportunity to shadow a wood flooring expert a few weeks ago on a case and I learned a tremendous amount. He had some rare earth magnetic balls (you can stop laughing) that he rolled down the planks and it showed every single nail.

That guy had a lot of balls! I have only worked with one expert that was a "pain in the butt". Most are really friendly and very generous with any knowledge.

It is fun work.