Buried Masthead

Terence McCann

It appears the vinyl siding was installed after the electrical work. Perhaps the original siding was something else and an owner decided he / she wanted vinyl instead. The original soffets were open and not enclosed. The soffets were enclosed with the new vinyl without regard to the electrical work or probably other existing components for that matter.

Randy

Originally posted by randynavarro

It appears the vinyl siding was installed after the electrical work.

The original soffets were open and not enclosed. The soffets were enclosed with the new vinyl without regard to the electrical work or probably other existing components for that matter.

I think that pretty much has to be it. I would note that it's "soffit" though.

Brian G.

The Speller's the Feller [^]

www.accuspecllc.com

I could go forward with that new vinyl although, the electrical guy could have installed the masthead before the vinyl contractor. It seems to me that this masthead was improperly installed. I'm more worried for the wires that seems to closed for the aluminium soffit . I could see futur problems with strong winds and electrical wire movements on the aluminium sidding. This masthead should have been installed over the roofing section .

Hi,

Don't know about your area, but around here the power company only owns the cable to the strike and couldn't care less if the strike is wrong. If a homeowner called them here to complain about a masthead like that, they'd tell the homeowner that the placement/configuring of the mast and lowering the weatherhead is not their problem.

They'll only disconnect and reconnect here. If it's wrong when they arrive to hook up, they'll hook up regardless. I've found service drops literally lying on roofs; weatherheads that were split wide open by falling limbs and had been at the time the power company hooked up; next to windows and doors and decks within easy reach of anyone, including children; cables that extended completely over the roof of the pitched roof of a house before reaching the mast; hanging low over yards, decks, driveways and public sidewalks - you name it, they do it here.

Call them to complain about it and they literally laugh at you for doing so. They say they only supply the power, they didn't install the electrical system and if if needs to be fixed they'll be happy to come out and disconnect power until an electrician has it ready for them to hook back up again, at which time they'll do so for a charge, that is. They couldn't care less if it's wrong - they're exempt.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Originally posted by Brian G.

I think that pretty much has to be it. I would note that it's "soffit" though.

Brian G.

The Speller's the Feller [^]

www.accuspecllc.com

Uh oh. I've been spelling with an 'e' for years. I think I got it out of an old architectural / design manual. Of course, I can't find it now to reference and the only dictionary I have doesn't even list the word.

I'll stand corrected if someone can help with a good source / reference.

Winner-of-my-8th-grade-Catholic-school-spelling bee-which-come-to-think-of-it-I-won-a-$25-savings-bond-that-should-have-matured-by-now-but-I-have-no-idea-at-what-bank-it-was-deposited,