If you can spare a few bucks for an old friend...

This is the first time I've ever done something like this- I met Gary in 2007. He was a student in a licensing course I was teaching for ITA. Tom Raymond was there too. Together, they challenged just about everything I had to say and the discussions we had benefited the class and the three of us alike.

Gary recently had a stroke that will seriously challenge his ability to make a living for a while... and maybe for a while after that.

If you can help, he'll appreciate it very much.    https://www.gofundme.com/f/lets-help-a-brother-in-his-time-of-need

If you only know Gary through this website, you might think you don't know him well, but that's not true. He is the same when he posts on TIJ as he is on the phone, as he is on late-night texts, as he is in person. He's the opposite of Baskin-Robbins: he only comes in one flavor. He's a hard-working, fun-loving, bare-knuckled sumbitch who disagrees with me on just about everything. Last time we spoke he told me he'd be working up until noon on the day they bury him and I believed it. I still do, but fate has other plans in the short term. If you can, please write a check for a guy who'd do the same for you. If you can't, please share the link on your social media. In any event, I'm sure he'd appreciate a kind thought or a kind word.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gary's been moved to Seneca Hills Manor for re-hab. I spoke to him yesterday and he sounded noticeably more coherent than he did last week. 

He has trouble with his right hand,  and still mixes up some words, but large chunks of the conversation were close to normal. Still, it's a long road to working again.