Tool pouch for crawl space inspection.

You've got on your Tyvek suit, gloves and headlamp cause you are going to your happy crawl space place.  I normally shove my tools in my pockets and then try to get to them in some fairly close quarters.  I am looking for recommendations for some kind of pouch that my tools wont fall out of.  One that wont get snagged on whatever I am dragging myself through.  There has to be an easier way.  Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, Mike Lamb said:

Get a "fanny pack", "hip sack." A couple of small zippered storage spaces at your waist. Besides jump suit, etc., about the only thing I need is a flashlight and a camera when crawling, and a stick for cobwebs. 

A stick that doubles as a probe. 

You only need more than that if there's equipment in the crawl. If you can't get your tools to it, that's a defect in and of itself.

• Like 1

I don't crawl for money anymore, am retired, 🤩 but always just held flashlight and screwdriver in one hand, camera in the other, cellphone in a velcro pouch on my belt and lots of times had to stop crawling to answer the phone, sheesh.

Moisture meter had a belt pouch but was always careful not to roll over onto it. In a real tight hole I'd push that stuff ahead of me to prevent having to reach back to belt or pockets. A bag is good, just a clear ziplock so you can see if it's all there. After losing a few favorite screwdrivers, I went to thrift stores and bought extras. Never lost those.

I discovered I could fit thru an 11" gap under a beam by letting my breath out. One time I crawled in feet first so if I got stuck they could bring me food and water.😬

One time crawling in the dirt, I scrambled over a drain pipe and discovered an old dog carcass on the other side of the pipe, had to crawl back over it to get out. Don't think I even mentioned it to the buyer, had plenty of structure to talk about. Cheers.

Edited by John Kogel
  • Like 1

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of a fanny pack.  I carry tape for surface samples, sample bags, screwdriver, phone, moisture meter, marker and a C2 Flir camera. I wear a headlamp.  I've seen dead animals but haven't had to crawl over one yet, so I've got that to look forward to.  I just ordered one on amazon.

17 hours ago, r1ck said:

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of a fanny pack.  I carry tape for surface samples, sample bags, screwdriver, phone, moisture meter, marker and a C2 Flir camera. I wear a headlamp.  I've seen dead animals but haven't had to crawl over one yet, so I've got that to look forward to.  I just ordered one on amazon.

Didn't know you could order dead animals from Amazon. Learned something new today.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2