Is it a good time to become a home inspector?

It seems like a fairly low start up cost business. 5k or so for the basic stuff?

You can always adjust your prices to remain competitive when times are tough or good. Relatively low training to start, although you'll constantly be learning on the job. Opportunity to make extremely good money or very little/no money, depending on how good you are at marketing and doing good inspections.

Overall, is it worth is to become a home inspector? Why or why not?

Thanks guys.

• 1 month later...

On 8/7/2022 at 11:24 AM, Jbrow327 said:

is it worth is to become a home inspector? 

Is it a good time to become a home inspector?

You asked two distinct questions. 

1. Any career you decide to pursue is worth it if you put the time and effort into it, you enjoy what your doing, and you become successful doing it.  
2. Is now a good time? Just like any business, sales can fluctuate. Right now, in an attempt to cool the housing market, the Fed is rising interest rates. That means less need for home inspections right now. And as Marc eluded to above, some markets are already saturated with Home Inspectors.
Most inspectors I know have work other than just inspecting. If I were you, I’d plan on keeping your delivery gig while you’re getting started.

Edited by Rich Bleich

On 9/25/2022 at 2:06 PM, Rich Bleich said:

".................. Just like any business, sales can fluctuate. Right now, in an attempt to cool the housing market, the Fed is rising interest rates. That means less need for home inspections right now. And as Marc eluded to above, some markets are already saturated with Home Inspectors.
Most inspectors I know have work other than just inspecting. If I were you, I’d plan on keeping your delivery gig while you’re getting started."

That Marc is a slippery devil.  My considered advice has always been "Either work it full time or get out".