Home Inspectors Criticized by the B.C. Government

hausdok

Vancouver, B.C. - According to a March 27th CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp.) newscast, a report by the B.C. government's Homeowner Protection Office says consumers are being left unprotected when they hire a home inspector. This, despite the fact that the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (CAHPI) has been lobbying that same government hard for years to regulate the profession. To read more about the report Click Here...

To hear a 7-minute audio clip of the show segment Click Here...

To see a 2-1/2 minute video news segment related to this subject Click Here

B.C. Minister Promises Regulation of Inspectors by 2007

Vancouver, B.C. - Only a day after being criticized on radio and television for inaction relative to regulation of home inspectorts, by Bill Sutherland of the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspector (C.A.H.P.I.), the B.C. minister responsible for housing says the provincial government will take action by the end of the year to protect home buyers who rely on inspectors. To read more Click here...

To hear a 5-minute audio clip of the interview with the minister, Click Here...

Thanks Mike. I have seen the same links on another canadian chat line and couldn't get in to them there either.As a OAHI member and one who is following the national certification initiative I would be very interested in hearing the clip.Thanks

You need to use Real Player to play those audio and video files (.ram file extension). You can get it here for free: http://www.real.com/

A suggestion: pay close attention during the install process, so it doesn't install a lot of junk you don't want, or change all your media file associations to Real player. I set it to only play the Real file extensions, while keeping my Windows Media Player and Jukebox settings the way they were.

• 3 months later...