Name this chimney?

The terms Mike used are correct (in my world), but there's big problems. I'm stretching because I'm not there, and the photo isn't that great.

It looks like a mess of common brick that's been buttered over w/Type N mortar. Common brick sucks for chimneys; it's soft, absorbs water, and it falls apart. Folks smear it w/mortar thinking they're fixing it, when in fact they're accelerating it's demise. Type N holds in all the moisture that's desperately trying to evaporate to the exterior.

Notice all that white stuff? It's water & calcified mineral salts leaching out of the brick. How about the parge coating sort of peeling up & off the brick? It's water "pushing off" the mortar.

That's what they do when they're falling apart. Based on the photo, I'd tell 'em to rebuild the pot.

Thanks to all for replies.

I was only inspecting the EIFS for insurance renewal.

I brought the pots irregular configuration, more than one chimney present, and peeling parge to the owners attention as requiring evaluation by a professional before this seasons usage.

We are just starting to get into the 30's at night and the smell of firewood is on the air.

Silly me I thought parge was for making foundations look presentable, for a while, until it cracks and falls off.