I guess professional HI's are no longer needed

I wouldn't worry about it. It's a lame article and he says more than once in it that folks should ultimately use a professional inspector.

There are going to be people who take that advice and then think they can do their own full home inspection. Believe me, it's better to have those folks trying to do their own than hiring you. They ultimately turn out to be the nightmare clients.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

A few years back my wife sold a new home to a young lady. My wife always told her clients to get an inspection on anything she sold. The young lady told my wife that her brother was an inspector in another area and he had told her what to look for.

To make a long story short, the lady move n on a Thursday afternoon and found out she had no hot water. She call the gas company to turn the water heater on and when they got there Friday the water heater was not vented. It was Monday before the builder got some one out there to install the vent. It ends up that the house had other issues before everything was over with.

In other words the do it yourselfer are going to miss things