SD state exam

Originally posted by belvedere

Wasn't sure which forum to post this. I just completed a HI training course, and my next step will be to pass the SD state exam. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as what to study or how to prepare for the exam? Thanks in advance for any help.

That would be the National Home Inspector Exam. This their website http://www.homeinspectionexam.org/

Try a search on TIJ (this site) and I bet you will find a ton of information. This is a common question. I always tell folks to get a copy of Code Check Complete or the Code Check books and just be sure you are familiar with everything in it.

If it is anything like the one I took in Oct for ND it focuses ALOT on things you will never find in our states such as hurricane straps, wood destroying insects, swamp coolers, etc. I also remember there being quite a few questions on heat pumps, air handlers, boiler systems, and wells.

Hope that helps~

Originally posted by jodil

If it is anything like the one I took in Oct for ND it focuses ALOT on things you will never find in our states such as hurricane straps, wood destroying insects, swamp coolers, etc. I also remember there being quite a few questions on heat pumps, air handlers, boiler systems, and wells.

Hope that helps~

That sounds like the NACHI online exam, it has several well and PC questions on it. ND allows any of the home inspector organization exams to count toward their license requirement. Kind of screwy but then so are most legislators.