If you could Name your company over??

I put a lot of thought into the name and logo as well. What I wanted to try and do was not be the technical guy as thats been done to death IMHO. I wanted something warmer and more cozy. I don't intend to do commercial inspections so that didn't matter. The logo had to show that too. As if I was part of the family and not a techno geek wizard or grubby contractor.

A few of you stated that you "had too many business cards left", either to change your name or you logo and someone stated that you want only one or 2 colors in your logo because of business card prices.

I used www.printsmadeeasy.com for mine. You design it on their site and upload your own artwork. 2000 cards with glossy coating on the front cost me $89 plus shipping. (5000 are only $161 plus shipping).

There cards are high quality card stock and the picture is photo quality. It really makes your cards stand out against the plain one and two color ones. Attached is a sample of my card.

Image Insert:

2008310132321_thumbnail_download.jpg

10.68 KB

• 2 weeks later...

Stay away from using you personal name. Find something that will emulate what your business would be about.

Look into an Limited Liability Company (LLC) vs. Incorporation (Inc.)

I previously had and LLC business. Worked well for use in my state and seperated my personal from my business aspects.

Check your state's website for near matches or if is already in use.