useful cell phone services

Ken Meyer

Here's an interesting article, ideas to get more out of your cell phone. Some of the services are free. I'm trying out Jott, it lets you create a reminder to yourself by using voice recognition and then it sends you an email. It takes just a minute to set up, I used it a couple of times today.

Here's the story http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/03/technology/personaltech/03basics.html?em&ex=1207454400&en=93fa48333426e0ab&ei=5087%0A

Speaking of reminders, I carry a small note pad everywhere I go. I jot stuff down as it comes to mind. It's mostly stuff I want to research on the computer. It helps very much.

As for my phone, I have a free hotmail email account on it. My business email automatically forwards a copy of every incoming email so I can get that on the run too.

When I finish an inspection report, obviously I send it to the client right away. I also started sending the same email with the report attached to my hotmail account. This way, a client can call me anytime, and no matter where I am I can sent the report again from my cell phone. It happened twice already.