Water Pressure Gauge

Mark P

Ditto to the uselessness of pressure testing. I considered customers' worries about "water pressure" to be the simplest thing to explain at an HI job. Just tell 'em to go turn on the faucets, flush the commodes, etc., and watch the flow. Then they'll know how much water they're going to have at each fixture.

I had some boilerplate that said something like: "Turn on the shower and flush the commode, then ask yourself this question: 'Could I get the soap out of my hair?'" If the answer is no, call a plumber.

WJ

99% of the time operating the fixtures tells all we need to know. As Scott said there are areas in MS where the pressure is high. I have no intention of paying for repairs or a PRV. If it seems high I give it a quick check. Anywhere near 80 or above and I report it. A high demand system wide will drop the pressure a few lbs. I will report it even close to 80. There are two cities with incomplete loops or just over burdened systems. They will show low pressure in areas of those cities.