Asbestos?

caryseidner

and it looks like asbestos. I am with Walter on what this looks like, but would not bet the "farm" on it without a little testing. Here is where Katen and Kurt M will go nuts on me - Cary, look at the stuff and shine a bright light on the material. If you can "see" small crystal fibers - it is pretty sure to be asbestos. Real science!

Les-

I'll try that next time. It looked like asbestos to me. I usually see asbestos that has some type of bonding or coating in/on it. Not the stuff that would be used during a modern encapsulation, more of a paste or paper mache' that makes it hard and dry ("That's what she said" - Michael Scott; The Office).

Walter,

You reminded me of a true story that I would like to share.

3 hobos were walking down the street and came across a large brown steaming pile of something.

The first hobo exclaimed, "hey, that looks like shit.

The second hobo stepped forward, got his hands and knees, inhaled deeply and stated, "smells like shit.

The third hobo moved up t o the mass, bent over and with his finger, swiped off a small sample, put it in his mouth and slowly savored the flavor. Finally he said, "This tastes like shit... it IS shit! " "It's a good thing we didn't step in it!"

Originally posted by StevenT

Walter,

You reminded me of a true story that I would like to share.

3 hobos were walking down the street and came across a large brown steaming pile of something.

The first hobo exclaimed, "hey, that looks like shit.

The second hobo stepped forward, got his hands and knees, inhaled deeply and stated, "smells like shit.

The third hobo moved up t o the mass, bent over and with his finger, swiped off a small sample, put it in his mouth and slowly savored the flavor. Finally he said, "This tastes like shit... it IS shit! " "It's a good thing we didn't step in it!"

I think the original comedy bit came from Cheech & Chong. It's probably on YouTube.

Dave's not here,

WJid="blue">