Pyrite Issues on your home. Worldwide problem.

I'm a Civil Engineer currently working on a pyrite case we have in Ireland.

Has anyone seen a case of pyrite caused heave to foundation slabs?

I'm extremely interested in what type of movement was recorded and for what duration.

Also was the expansion progressively stable or was it sporadic or seasonal.

If you have been affected or worked around such an issue, i'd like to hear what your experience was.

It seems that we as a worldwide industry are only seeing this as an issue due to the type of properties being affected by the expansion.

Hi Paul,

I can only remember one discussion about Pyrite in the last seven years on this board and here it is. I think it's probably related to specific geological conditions the way Bentonite is very common in Colorado but not seen as much elsewhere.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

The movement I have observed in western Colorado is seasonal. It can become somewhat permanent if the watertable rises or if something occurs to keep the site more wet than than when the building was constructed for example year-round lawn watering.

I'm a Civil Engineer currently working on a pyrite case we have in Ireland.

Has anyone seen a case of pyrite caused heave to foundation slabs?

I'm extremely interested in what type of movement was recorded and for what duration.

Also was the expansion progressively stable or was it sporadic or seasonal.

If you have been affected or worked around such an issue, i'd like to hear what your experience was.

It seems that we as a worldwide industry are only seeing this as an issue due to the type of properties being affected by the expansion.