3D report writing software

I am at the NAHI conference in Chicago and purchased the 3D inspection system. This particular software is for northern climates and includes boilerplate stuff on things we encounter when it snows, etc. Is anyone else using this software and do you have any tips, tricks etc that I should be aware of as I learn this new software.

Thank You.

I am at the NAHI conference in Chicago and purchased the 3D inspection system. This particular software is for northern climates and includes boilerplate stuff on things we encounter when it snows, etc. Is anyone else using this software and do you have any tips, tricks etc that I should be aware of as I learn this new software.

Thank You.

I've owned it since 2001 & love it.

There's a definite learning curve with the software. Best advice is to attend one of 3Ds two day training classes. It will help a lot when first starting out. Donna, tech support, is on the ball and very helpful but their tech support is via email only (my only beef with them). The other thing to do is print out all the manuals (Office Max) and read them. Trying to read a PFD while setting up the system for the first time doesn't cut it. Other than that just jump in and kick the tires - as long as you make regular backups of a proper working system you can't hurt it (too much). Always make a backup every time you book a job and after every report for the obvious reasons. Keep a current 3d on another computer if your main one dies. At the end of the year make a backup of all and archive it on a CD - this way you can go in and delete the past years reports and start fresh.

You can PM me via this forum if you have any question or just need some help. You'll learn to love it.

I have 3-D software also, it is very powerful and you can do a lot with it. I am currently in the phase of cutting out all the boilerplate stuff and replacing it with the things I want. It is a long and arduous process, but one that is well worth the time if you care how your best advertisement (your report) looks...