Missing Kick Out/Diverter flashing rots rim joist

Erby

The fun would go out of it if the new guys didn't get awhile to guess so I won't explain yet other than 16 year old house on a concrete block foundation wall w/ crawl space and wood lap siding. Seller just bought it a year ago and had his fireman buddy look at it (inspected?) for him.

You can look at all six pictures all on one sheet by downloading the PDF File or one at time by clicking on them.

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif TIJPost.pdf

43.06 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010101318535_AOutside.jpg

62.87 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20101013185325_AO1.jpg

29.05 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20101013185530_AO2.jpg

49.12 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010101318560_AO3.jpg

58.36 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20101013185636_AO4.jpg

71.25 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2010101318574_AO5.jpg

62.36 KB

-

I'm surprised the seller didn't paint the wall and base to try to disguise what was going on. I always look in the trash bin, and you'd be surprised how often I find pitched rollers, brushes, and tray liners.

"Okay, they've been working on a yellow room. Let's find that sucker and see what's up."

Picture 2 was behind a couple of baskets of "finer things" in the master bedroom closet.

Besides, I think he was an honest seller that just didn't know any better. Said he was told the closet stuff was from a repaired plumbing leak from the sink to the right (away from the outside wall) of the closet.

-

• 3 weeks later...

Buyer's respones to my follow up e-mail:

=======

I think the current owners are a little angry about the thorough inspection you did.

They didn't have one done and it cost them $18K.

I, my loan officer and my agent think a home inspection is well worth what I paid.

=======

Yeah, there were some other issues, such as the tear off and replace deck, but the above was the "big one".

=

Click to Enlarge
tn_20101030223825_B4UClose073.jpg

81.54 KB

Way to go. These are the stories that are going to change how real estate is traded.

The times of dipsquat realtors fluffing properties and moving garbage are pretty quickly disappearing around here. We are the folks that are making it change.

YAY!

I just ripped an RE agents ass wide open on Friday night.

When I take pictures of what I find and you hire someone to lie and try make me look bad to two clients so you can make a killing, I don't walk away with my tail between my legs. I have pictures. Screw you!

Seven pages of times are slow on another thread. That means turnover in the RE biz. Now is the time to use The dreaded social network, (another thread) and your friends and their friends to educate those who haven't got it yet, and make this profession ours and ours alone.

YAY!

When I take pictures of what I find and you hire someone to lie and try make me look bad to two clients so you can make a killing, I don't walk away with my tail between my legs. I have pictures. Screw you!

Gary, elaborate on your story. I always enjoy hearing tales of a agent getting a reality check.[:D]

YAY!

Gary, elaborate on your story. I always enjoy hearing tales of a agent getting a reality check.[:D]

Soon, Ben. Sorry for the outburst. Not really, but I don't want to be a hijacker. I'm going to be running into this liar in about an hour. We'll see how it goes today. I'll start another post later.