NYS CE

I'm considering organizing some Continuing Ed for NY inspectors to satisfy State requirements and probably association requirements as well.

I've spoken with a few true experts to obtain their rates and started the paper work ball rolling with NY.

Assuming 50 participants, costs will be very close to $175 per registrant for 8-10 hrs of CE.

What's the threshold of pain for quality CE and how far would you travel to hear nationally recognized speakers?

Am I invited to be a guest (non-working) in your house if I agree to attend?

Absolutely. And by then our kitchen may not include saw horses. My kitchen counter is OSB.

On another note- actually the thread topic- My design isn't to make a bunch of money offering CE, but the plan doesn't include losing a bunch either.

Is $17.50 a CE hour a reasonable price for really good CE?

I paid $15.60 for Dr. Joe but NYSERDA paid the other half. I pay around $10 for an hour the plumber's crack presentations that pass for CE. I don't think your out of line at all.

On a somewhat related topic, Kaplan intends to reopen ITA in NY this summer. I know it's not 'really good CE' but it is CE. Does one earn credits for presenting?

Typically fees in this area are $335 for 12 hours for early bird, $355 for late registration. ~$27-$29 per hour.

This is during a conference where there are sponsors and Vendors area.

If you only attend some of the classes during the 1.5 day event, the fee is $40 per hr CE early bird, $50 per hr CE late registration. Add $10 per hour for ASHI credits.

This is also a fund raiser for the state home inspector association. They use the money primarily to pay for a lobbist to shape state laws.

Thanks for he input guys. I'll try to put it together, but organizational skills are pretty low in my skill set.

11 hour drive to upstate......hmmmm......

Any way to get there by air?

No Kurt. NY doesn't have airports.

OK that's not true. I live in rural NY and I'm still only 35 minutes from an international airport. You could fly to Buffalo, Rochester or Niagara Falls and still be within easy driving distance.

You and John Bain in my spare bedrooms at the same time? It makes my mind spin.

Thanks for he input guys. I'll try to put it together, but organizational skills are pretty low in my skill set.

11 hour drive to upstate......hmmmm......

Any way to get there by air?

No Kurt. NY doesn't have airports.

OK that's not true. I live in rural NY and I'm still only 35 minutes from an international airport. You could fly to Buffalo, Rochester or Niagara Falls and still be within easy driving distance.

You and John Bain in my spare bedrooms at the same time? It makes my mind spin.

You . . . are f**king hilarious.

Buffalo, Rochester or Niagara Falls

The airports are named after the cities they are in.

I had invites to CE classes in my mail box today. Long Island ASHI and MAHI are co-hosting 12 hours over 2 days @ $140 per day or $240 for both, but hey, they're providing lunch. The only topic that isn't standard fare is a tech for HIs primer, but it ranges from the right hardware to digital reporting to online payments to email, web, and social media marketing, in 2 hours with an hour lunch in the middle. That ought to be real productive. Turner Engineering, an Amherst area PE firm, is doing 3 3 hour sessions over 2 days at $43 each. Again it's pretty standard fare.

The more I look, the better your rate gets.