A real awesome phone

I've had HTC Incredible since June, like it very much. Long learning curve, it's true. At the rate of tech advancement acceleration, we should be at the point where the learning curve lags behind advancement by, let's see uh, next year!

Anyway, battery life can be short if the user fails to monitor which services are on. Would be nice if the OS just turned on wifi, 3g, bluetooth as needed and then shut them down when not, at least as an option. There is an app called app killer that will shut down running apps in a controllable manner, saving battery. There are portable chargers, larger batteries designed to plug into the phone and charge it, even when there is no power around. Don't use it much, since I'm either in a house on in my car.

I also wish 3d was ported for Android. AFAIT, it's a fairly simple relational database, what's so hard about compiling it for droid and mac?

Best business feature is total integration with Google, where I have contacts, mail, calendar, etc.

Coolest feature, to me, is it's ability to generate a wifi hotspot that my CTL netbook can find and see the internet through. Wifi in the middle of nowhere, as long as I have phone signal!

There are also great PDF reader apps, so phone is a good reading platform, plus I keep my SOPs, codes etc. on it.

Now, if I could just get it to talk to my car and note it's own business mileage, then enter it in quick books, I'd be completely satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...