It actually came together about two weeks ago finally. Just waiting on a back ordered cooktop since the first one we ordered was a piece of crap and we didn't want it.

The fully hard wired dimable under cabinet lighting on both sides is a nice feature.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201151205122_P1130597.jpg

35.41 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201151205137_P1130599.jpg

41.85 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201151205152_P1130600.jpg

35.03 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20115120525_P1130601.jpg

48.79 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_201151205224_P1130602.jpg

48.94 KB

I replaced a range hood last year. Ordered online and the first one they sent I had to finish assembling before mounting it. Seemed funny, then after install it simply did not work.

Called them, they said they would come get it, then they said I had to pack it up and ship with all original materials. Unh unh.

They sent Fed Ex by a day or two later to get it. Replacement worked fine but I had to do the work twice.

If you plan on installing under cabinet lighting I'll suggest you take a look at American Lighting fixtures. They're well built and work great. I have various sizes on both sides of the kitchen. I've got my set controlled by a single dimmer. Also, each fixture has its own three position rocker switch so any number can be isolated from the group if you want.

http://www.amazon.com/American-Lighting ... 64&sr=8-11

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011512214316_P1130610.jpg

34.76 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011512214328_P1130613.jpg

25.83 KB

Looks good. But I'd recommend another step that won't take long. Having used them on rental property very recently, I recognize those post-formed countertops! As are all tops built on a particle board substrate, they are easily damaged with moisture contact. I strongly recommend adding a bead of appropriate caulking at the bottom edge where the tops meet the face frame. At least do it in front of the sink -- water clings to the bottom edge and will eventually get back there.

Another place the laminate tops get damaged is the area above the dishwasher. The hot steam that rises out causes the particle board to swell up.

Does anyone have ideas how to prevent that from happening?

Just coat it with any cheap finish. Shellac, varnish, polyurethane - even krylon spray paint.