Intertherm model # UGC 1000-7

Harpman

Hello to all on the forum. I need some information on an Intertherm heater. It is model # UGC 1000-7. It is 220 volt, and needs a thermostat in the circuit. I would like some feedback on what brand or type of thermostat to get. The units are small, measuring 22" W X 14" D X 3.5" tall. The output grills and control knob is on the 3.5" face, on the 22" width section. It has the water and anti freeze unit inside with blower motor. I have no idea what the BTU's would be. I am going to install these in my motor home, a perfect size. I wonder about a few things. What would the installation clearances be, can they be installed vertically if needed, ( long side)? I intend to travel west, so these two units should be fine, and its my hope to not have to use the propane heater unless I wind up in a really cold location. Any advice greatly welcome.

George E

Any cheapo 240-volt thermostat would work fine.

I don't know what the clearances would be, but I'd guess that you'd be fine with 0" on the sides and three feet in front.

I don't know about vertical installation. You'd have to find installation instructions somewhere. Good luck on that.

Thats news to me Terry. I was not aware of the power supply in RV parks. I guess I mistakenly assumed they provided 220 as thats what my shore power line is, and what I plug it into when at the house. Leads me to wonder why I have a 220 line in mine. My genset provides 220, but this is of course impractal when stationary at a park. I will investagate the rooftop ac/heat pump option. Thanks for your input. I suppose I will have to modify my shore line as well. Likely an adpator on the market to bring 120 in with the existing 220 plug.

Rig is a classic 74 Travco. Orginally had two rooftop AC's, now one and a crank vent. It does have an electric hot water heater, not sure of voltage. Glad to know there's some 220 out there!

The reason for the 220V is for the two rooftop a/cs.

I would imagine that there are parks with 220 but I've never seen one. I always felt lucky if it were 30 amp 120. [:-party]