McMansion

charlieb

We have a odd pricing in our market. That brought the price down into typical sf pricing for our market. The water was a bonus on top of that.

Nice stock in our market goes for 2 - 250 sf. I have done a few in the 400 sf range.

Bis $$ is getting tire of waiting on the economy. I did a 7200 (I think) with a 6000sf garage a month or so ago. I wound up meeting the couple who had it built early this week, I already knew the owner (part owner in the local eq rental company) and have even inspected some of the homes the purchaser builds.

Time for church!

What's the ticket on a place like that Charlie? House price, not inspection.

So far a nice drizzle for 2 days. We will see.

The house sits on a rez. For the house to flood I'd be looking for an Ark. Google Jackson MS flood of 1979. Parts of our interstate flooded as well as downtown Jackson. The river that feeds our muddy pond is a small river named the Pearl.

Scott Patterson left a nice void in our world when he moved to TN =)

Glad I could help! I love the big homes....

This is a little 22,000 sf shack I had the pleasure of inspecting last week. This one has 4 kitchens, 4 pools, 8 car heated/cooled garage, indoor lap pool, and a 2,500 sf master bathroom! Another cool feature is that this home was 90% concrete construction. All of the curved walls are formed concrete. A single person is buying this monster and they will live in it about half of the year from what I was told.

Part of the front of the house.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20119412125_DSCN6680.jpg

67.94 KB

Ever been doing one of those huge beautiful houses and had the buyer say something like, "We've only hired you because we're hoping you'll find something significant we can use as leverage in negotiations, we intend to tear this house down and build a bigger one." I have; and I actually had to fight the urge to jackslap the jackass.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Ever been doing one of those huge beautiful houses and had the buyer say something like, "We've only hired you because we're hoping you'll find something significant we can use as leverage in negotiations, we intend to tear this house down and build a bigger one." I have; and I actually had to fight the urge to jackslap the jackass.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Yep, I know what you mean... I had one like that a few months ago. They actually had a calculator with them adding up all of the problems they found and then added what I found during the review at the end.

Actually it is not very often that I even see or speak with the buyer on the huge homes. On this home I spoke and met with their business manager who handled everything.

Scott Patterson left a nice void in our world when he moved to TN =)

Glad I could help! I love the big homes....

This is a little 22,000 sf shack I had the pleasure of inspecting last week. This one has 4 kitchens, 4 pools, 8 car heated/cooled garage, indoor lap pool, and a 2,500 sf master bathroom! Another cool feature is that this home was 90% concrete construction. All of the curved walls are formed concrete. A single person is buying this monster and they will live in it about half of the year from what I was told.

Part of the front of the house.

Click to Enlarge

67.94 KB

Damn! If you did that alone, how long did it take?

. . . Part of the front of the house.

Click to Enlarge

67.94 KB

So big, it couldn't all fit in the picture.

Pretty close, actually I could not back up far enough due to the steep slopes around it. Also they were rebuilding one of the drives in front of the house, that is what all of the driveway pavers are from. I think I took about 4 shots just for the front.

John, this was a two day job.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201196103353_DSCN6679.jpg

70.63 KB