This is my entry . . .

Bain

Erby's got that right....that thing would be gone in my neighborhood.

Damn, though.......nice sheet metal work is nice. The longer I do this thing we do, the more I understand how some decent sheet metal in the right locations can make a house extra special, and make it last a century.

It does look nice, thats for sure. But what about clearance to that a/c unit? While we are on it, looks like quite a bit of vegetation kinda close as well.

But, you definitely get an A+ on the sheet metal work. I mean, ya did a first clas job on the fabrication.[:-thumbu]

I bet the whole affair yanks right out if needed. Does it Bain? (just lift the far end and rotate it out from under the counter flashing.)

It does look nice, thats for sure. But what about clearance to that a/c unit? While we are on it, looks like quite a bit of vegetation kinda close as well.

But, you definitely get an A+ on the sheet metal work. I mean, ya did a first clas job on the fabrication.[:-thumbu]

I bet the whole affair yanks right out if needed. Does it Bain? (just lift the far end and rotate it out from under the counter flashing.)

No clue, Mike, but probably. When I removed the lid and eased through the hatch to subject myself to rat shit, spider webs and other funk, my interest in the pretty copper box waned dramatically. : )

No clue, Mike, but probably. When I removed the lid and eased through the hatch to subject myself to rat shit, spider webs and other funk, my interest in the pretty copper box waned dramatically. : )

I bet! Last week I broke a couple of crawlspace records: In my whole 19 year career, I've only seen two snakes in a crawlspace - tons of skins, but only those two snakes. And, of course, I've seen my share of black widows. But on a vacant property I ran across two widows inside the house (first number one), and a average sized black snake in the crawlspace. (not a first, but the widows and the snake all in one property was.)

Yet, I think I'd take that combo over a rat or cat droppings loaded crawlspace.

A crawlspace that has become a cat box is the worst, I think - pretty damn disgusting.

I bet! Last week I broke a couple of crawlspace records: In my whole 19 year career, I've only seen two snakes in a crawlspace - tons of skins, but only those two snakes. And, of course, I've seen my share of black widows. But on a vacant property I ran across two widows inside the house (first number one), and a average sized black snake in the crawlspace. (not a first, but the widows and the snake all in one property was.)

Yet, I think I'd take that combo over a rat or cat droppings loaded crawlspace.

A crawlspace that has become a cat box is the worst, I think - pretty damn disgusting.

I've seen snakes a few times. Anyone who isn't creeped out by those shiny little eyes and that darting tongue is a better man than I am.

I carry an old golf club to knock down spider webs. Once--and I freely admit it more from fright than bravery--I smashed a snake's brains out with the club in a crawlspace, while shouting, "Die, mutha f*cka!" Thankfully, no one was inside the house to hear me, or they probably would have called the cops.