Frigidaire stackable washer dryer agitator cap?

normw

Hi, there,

A 7 year old stackable washer dryer, the top of the washing machine agitator formed a bowl, I always thought there is a cap and the top should be flat. I called it out in my report stating "the cap for the agitator missing". But the realtor emailed my client saying she's seen the agitator without a cap, there is actually a bowl for something.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2012319225355_image001.jpg

21.17?KB

So am I wrong on the cap thing?

Thanks for your help

I don't carry my laundry with me so I don't test washers and dryers. Around here, they usually don't stay anyway.

My wife's (yes it's hers) washer has a bowl in the top of the agitator for her to add something to. I'm not going to ask her what, she might want me to demonstrate.

Hi, there,

A 7 year old stackable washer dryer, the top of the washing machine agitator formed a bowl, I always thought there is a cap and the top should be flat. I called it out in my report stating "the cap for the agitator missing". But the realtor emailed my client saying she's seen the agitator without a cap, there is actually a bowl for something.

So am I wrong on the cap thing?

Thanks for your help

It's a fabric softener dispenser.

BTW, my wife isn't allowed to touch my laundry. We differ on the subject of proper laundering technique.

Brown shirts, slightly wrinkled, work for me. Take them out of the dryer before it stops, put them on hangers. For slacks, I've got the hangers with clips.

When my wife does my laundry, I can't find my clothes for days. She'll let them pile up in a basket, then iron them days later.

Norm, at least you were right about the missing knob. This may be the one and only time a realtor knew something you did not. It is a rare thing.

Don't evaluate washers and dryers.

They are nice-to-have accessory options and aren't part of the house. Look at the plumbing connected to them, look at the receptacles, look at drains, but leave the danged machine alone. If the buyer or the spouse wants to test it they know just as much as you do about testing it. You can't teach 'em anything about it that they don't already know so let 'em go for it on their own. If they break it they buy it.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

They are nice-to-have accessory options and aren't part of the house. Look at the plumbing connected to them, look at the receptacles, look at drains, but leave the danged machine alone. If the buyer or the spouse wants to test it they know just as much as you do about testing it. You can't teach 'em anything about it that they don't already know so let 'em go for it on their own. If they break it they buy it.

If you don't want to test them, fine. But don't tell me not to test them.

Like any other thing in the house, after you test a few thousand of them, you get to know much more about them than the clients do.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I can't agree with this. I had one a while back where the washing machine drained into on old concrete utility tub. The tub drained fine when I ran the water at the faucet, but when the washing machine drained, water flowed out of the floor drain in the basement.

Apparently the drain line under the slab collapsed and had to be torn out and replaced. I would have never found this if I didn't run the washing machine.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201232184756_floor%20drain.jpg

40.77 KB

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I can't agree with this. I had one a while back where the washing machine drained into on old concrete utility tub. The tub drained fine when I ran the water at the faucet, but when the washing machine drained, water flowed out of the floor drain in the basement.

Apparently the drain line under the slab collapsed and had to be torn out and replaced. I would have never found this if I didn't run the washing machine.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201232184756_floor%20drain.jpg

40.77?KB

I'm on the testing side of the debate, I've found several restricted/broken drain lines that only show up when a large volume (full tub) of water hits the drain lines.

The multitude of stains on the floor wouldn't have alerted you to the frequent back ups?

I don't operate any appliances unless my client specifically asks me to. The rig in the OP is under a grand brand new today, and it's 7 years old. It will require several hundred dollars in parts by the time it's 10 (ask me how I know this). If they can't afford to fix or replace it maybe they should be considering less house.

I would love it if appliances could simply be excluded completely, but folks expect me to test them. So, I "test" them.

I turn everything on during my first "scouting" run around the house. Everything is running while I'm doing the job. It takes about 1 minute to hit a few buttons.

Every once in a while, something leaks, or doesn't work. Those are phone calls I won't be getting.

Not complicated, not technically exhaustive, but operating stuff can show me other stuff I'd not have found otherwise.