Redneck Retirement

I'm jealous as hell. If I tried to do that here, an army of tree huggers would accuse me of polluting the rivers and the techies building along the rivers would demand my shack be banned because it intruded upon their expensive views or got in the way of their mini-yachts.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I wish. That particular shanty boat cost more to build than I paid for my house.

Uh huh,

Well, I'm not jealous of that guy, then. Those good 'ol boys probably built that shack boat for less than the other guy spends on moorage a year. That'd be the kind of boat I'd want.

I actually have a pair of old Popular Mechanics magazines from December 1959 and January 1960 that show how to build a little houseboat. I've been saving them since about 1980 with the idea that one day I'd build the damned thing.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

It's a shack boat pushed by another little boat. That way, if they find a good place to tie up to, they can take the little boat for the beer runs and get there and back faster! Get up in the mountains and there's a few of them tied along the banks here and there.