Nick's world tour

Tom Raymond

I got an invite to the InterNACHI Inspector Marketing World Tour in the mail yesterday, has anybody been to one of these?

The price is right, but I have concerns that the 4 hour program isn't going to be worth the 4 hour round trip. The program brochure is lacking important information (like a location) and much of the recruiting piece smells of BS.

I got an invite to the InterNACHI Inspector Marketing World Tour in the mail yesterday, has anybody been to one of these?

The price is right, but I have concerns that the 4 hour program isn't going to be worth the 4 hour round trip. The program brochure is lacking important information (like a location) and much of the recruiting piece smells of BS.

Stop at my house on your way and we'll have a few beers; that should make it a bit more bearable.

I actually attended one of those a week or so ago.

He invited me to tell folks about TIJ. Never one to miss a chance to tell folks about TIJ, I accepted.

There was a software vendor giving a class on report writing while naturally pointing out all the things about his software that made it easier to write reports with than others.

Nick talked about a bunch of marketing gimmicks he's used over the years.

Another guy who's written a book and apparently started one of those fee-paid peer support groups that is similar to The Service Roundtable that Matt Michel started for HVAC contractors began his own talk about marketing methods.

I didn't stay for the entire thing. I had Peanut with me 'cuz the wife had something she had to do wtih her church folks. When he got bored and started yapping at one of the attendees who was wearing a hat indoors - something that freaks him out - I knew it was time to leave.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...