Fixed window weeps

MPdesign

By weep holes, did you mean screed?

I wouldn't bother with mentioning the lack of flashing if the windows are self-flashing. I'd likely write it up if the EIFS isn't terminated properly at door/window openings. And I'd definitely write it up if the condition were partnered up with a missing screed/drainage plane or if there's evidence of water intrusion.

Marc

Tubular aluminum windows do not have any flanges or weep holes. Almost every installation requires a sill pan that projects out beyond the exterior finish. They are typically omitted.

The site is a pup to navigate, but there all kinds of installation details at YKK. You might also want to check at the Kawneer and Tubelite websites.

I went a few places (CVS, Walgreens, Public) and reviewed similar installations.

There are no weep holes as just posted. Correct installations do appear to use pan flashing as just posted. I have not seen head flashing on any of them, although I believe that it should be there.

Thank you gentlemen.

• 1 month later...