Holes in wall

Mark P

This is a bank owned house and a real fixer upper.

Along the top of the kitchen wall there are holes drilled between each cavity. Would this have been done to dry out the wall after flooding? There is aslo a very large hole cut in the center of the ceiling, but I think this was done to get the coon / critters out of the attic.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20131269195_Collinsville%20029.jpg

38.14?KB

Just a curiosity question, not that it mattered for the inspection much. The guy buying the house brought a contractor to the inspection who is going to do a lot of the repairs. The contractor said the holes were proof the house had flooded, I just said I had never seen or heard of that before, but I had no better explanation.

Just a curiosity question, not that it mattered for the inspection much. The guy buying the house brought a contractor to the inspection who is going to do a lot of the repairs. The contractor said the holes were proof the house had flooded, I just said I had never seen or heard of that before, but I had no better explanation.

Did you ask him to point out the high water line? There's always a water line. If he were that familiar with flood repairs it should only have taken a few minutes to find.