the decline of America.

ericwlewis

I found this today, not during an inspection (because I quit doing those 1/1/2013) but while I was replacing an ice maker supply line that was leaking.

I gathered the old parts so that they would fit into the picture. The switches and gauges were thrown 10' away!?

Why don't contractors just police their mess after the job is done? Is there no dignity in doing an excellent job anymore?

Click to Enlarge
201321173322_nice%20work.jpeg

644.06 KB

I routinely see very much worse in crawls.

What indicates decline to me is this kind of mess in view from the public way, and I see it all the time.

According to Indian mythology we are in what is called the Kali Yuga. A yuga is a long time, like many thousands of years. During the Kali one, everything pretty much goes kerflooey. So don't worry. In a few thousand years, everyone will live on ambrosia and no one will have to work.

Every man reaches a point in his life when he perceives that the world around him has decayed and fallen into a state of irredeemable squalor. He yearns for the bright clear days of his youth when his perception of the world was new and the nobility of mankind outshone the sun.

Those aren't switches and guages on the ground, they're the memory of our own youth, which will never be again.

Every man reaches a point in his life when he perceives that the world around him has decayed and fallen into a state of irredeemable squalor.

Was yours when you found that used silicone sex appliance in a crawlspace?
Nah, his low point was when he took time out to use that used silicone sex appliance in the crawlspace. [:-yuck][:-eyebrow

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Every man reaches a point in his life when he perceives that the world around him has decayed and fallen into a state of irredeemable squalor.

Yes. In fact, I clearly remember thinking, "Lo! What mean and contemptible depths hath man sunk to this day."

Nah, his low point was when he took time out to use that used silicone sex appliance in the crawlspace. [:-yuck][:-eyebrow

Hush! You'll ruin the mood.

About 9 years ago, when I was living/inspecting in the Houston market, I was inspecting a 2-story residence and upon entering the attic there was the one/operable/live water heater and stewn across the attic space were 4 old/dead and gone water heaters.

Many problems with home not the least of which was a sagging 2nd floor ceiling with all the dead weight from the old W/Hs.

Guess homeowner just didn't want to pay to have them removed.

Note that in Texas it is common for furnace/AC systems and W/Hs to be placed in attics of both 1 and 2-story homes.

One can only imagine the weight of the old W/Hs whatwith the accumulated mineral deposits from the water over time and there may have actually been 'some' water left in one or two or all.