SOP for testing Water flow and pressure

cqyqte

Newbe - I have done a little searching but forgive if I missed this answer on the forum. What is the standard test for measuring flow and pressure at the house. I can find nothing specific for underwriters or banks in Montana. I understand the flow versus pressure discussions and I am just looking for what would be sufficient or the standards for measuring, 1 hour recording every 15 minutes, 3 hours every 15, static then pressure and flow after 15 minutes and done? Looking at performing it on a hose bib outside first location past entry to house. Equipment is not a problem just looking for standard procedures.

Thanks

This is what Louisiana's SOP has:

317. Plumbing System

A. The home inspector shall inspect:

1. water supply and distribution systems, including:

a. piping materials, supports, insulation;

b. fixtures and faucets;

c. functional flow;

d. visible leaks; and

e. cross connections;

Functional Flow: a reasonable flow at the highest fixture in a dwelling when another fixture is operated simultaneously.

Don't ask me if I've ever actually done it.

Marc

yes - indirectly, the appraiser asked for it, since it is a low flow well. However, it was mitigated with 1500 gallon cistern and a 275 gallon storage tank after the RO system, that they did not report. So when the appraiser said they felt a flow and pressure test was a good idea the underwriter asked to have it done.

This is what I used to do for well flow; I 'think' I got this from US Inspect relo jobs.

Run the top sink & tub for a total of 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, turn off the sink and fill 3 gallons of water in a bucket within 60 seconds.

yes - indirectly, the appraiser asked for it, since it is a low flow well. However, it was mitigated with 1500 gallon cistern and a 275 gallon storage tank after the RO system, that they did not report. So when the appraiser said they felt a flow and pressure test was a good idea the underwriter asked to have it done.

Just tell them that you do not offer this type of service. Refer them to a well contractor, most if not all will do a flow test. Then learn more about this type of test and what is required so you can then offer it in the future.