What kind of condensate trap is this?

Neal Lewis

Brand new A/C install. What kind of trap is this for the condensate line? Never seen it before. I know it's not correct. No overflow pan and lots of other problems.

This system is very messed up. The wiring for the missing shut off switch is still connected to the coiled up Romex still in the box. Strange.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20137723360_IMG_0790.jpg

44.95 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20137723372_IMG_0792.jpg

27.2 KB

Never seen one before, but here's a user review from someone on that Lowe's website link.

"I purchased this item is not for plumbing use. I found it is a right match to make a massage tool to work like a elbow for the shi-atsu effects. It works perfectly in size, angle, and all the possible tips about the massage force. So I would recommend it to the people who are making the same purpose tools."

Never seen one before, but here's a user review from someone on that Lowe's website link.

"I purchased this item is not for plumbing use. I found it is a right match to make a massage tool to work like a elbow for the shi-atsu effects. It works perfectly in size, angle, and all the possible tips about the massage force. So I would recommend it to the people who are making the same purpose tools."

We live in a fascinating world.