Steam shower

Darren

Does anyone know if it's required to have an operable 'window' on top of a shower door when a steam unit is present in the shower.

I've usually seen them present except for yesterday's inspection.

Thanks

Here in Chicagoland I've never seen any type of openable transom in a steam shower. Another interesting geographical variation.

A little off topic, but I saw a basement fitted with a glass-blocked in steam room (inoperable at the time). In the same big basement room was one of those boxes I only saw once on I Love Lucy, that is made of plywood with a hinged top. You sit inside with your head sticking through a round hole in the top. Inside are a whole lot of light bulbs that are supposed to melt off the pounds, I guess? Muy retro.

A little off topic, but I saw a basement fitted with a glass-blocked in steam room (inoperable at the time). In the same big basement room was one of those boxes I only saw once on I Love Lucy, that is made of plywood with a hinged top. You sit inside with your head sticking through a round hole in the top. Inside are a whole lot of light bulbs that are supposed to melt off the pounds, I guess? Muy retro.

Tried one of those once at the Steam n Cream - what we called the oriental bath/massage concession - on Camp Red Cloud back in the 1970s.

She filled a coffee can up half full of water, dropped in one of those old fashioned cup warmers that looks like a question mark, wrapped my neck with a towel and shut that door. In about five minutes I learned what it was like to be some vegetables getting steamed on top of the stove.

The next part was much better.....[:I]

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike