Vintage Newspaper in Attic

Speaking of newspapers, is everyone still reading them?

My wife pointed out to me the other day that we spend nearly $400 a year to get the newspaper. I was flabbergasted. Guess I didn't realize the price had gone up so much.

I stack them in the throne room for reading. Front page stories, then the funnies and then the jumble. Once I finish the jumble, that, along with the two pounds of ad inserts, the finance section, sports section, jobs section, advertising and entertainment sections all get tossed into the recycling unread.

Think I'm going to start doing my front page, funnies and jumble online and save myself that $400 plus the irritation of hearing that nitwit who delivers the paper squeal rubber every morning around 4:30 a.m. as he pulls out of the drive.

ONE GROUCH ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Cousin Jimmy!

Sorry. You need to take over the BG's electronic version. Tell 'em you're a computer geek in disguise and then throw a bunch of computereze at them. The pointy-haired bosses won't know what the hell you are talking about and then they'll automatically make you the Editor of the electronic version and you can find a geeky Dilbert type to do the technical stuff for you and get your hair pointed up as the new boss.

Win, win all around.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Keep this thread going about not reading newspapers and I'm going to write an article about how cranky-ass home inspectors are obsolete.

Heh, heh, heh.

Happy Xmas y'all,

Jimmy

Sez the reporter who was scooped by an HI... How was the movie, Jimmy?

We get the Sunday paper, primarily for the coupons. $15 every other month. Most of it gets recycled untouched.