On-line LLC.

A couple of questions for you experts. There's a site on-line that will make your business an LLC for $129.00. Any drawbacks to this? Also, I'm designing a logo for my new HI business. Do I legally have to have "LLC" printed after the name on vehicle signs, business cards, etc.? Thanks for any information.

I realize that unless you're a lawyer, you can't give "legal advice." I'm just looking for general business advice. "LegalZoom" says that instead of paying $1,400. plus, they can do it over the internet for (the minimum package) of $129. I don't know if I should go the LLC route, but I don't want some greedy, sue-happy, low-life homeowner trying to take my personal assets and put me in a life of poverty. I've worked with the public for many years and I know how devious and low-down some people can be. Trust no one.

$1400 sounds a little high, but it would still be worth it. Here in Houston, I can get a C corp made up for under a grand. With all the advice that comes with it, it will be a much better bargain than a $129 internet special.

Most attorney's will give you a free consultation. Just tell them what you want, what your fears are and they'll be more than helpful explaining your options. Try several on for size.

By the way, even with an LLC or C corp, a money hungry homeowner with a good lawyer will be able to put you in the poor house. Never think that a LLC or C corp will protect you from liability. Granted, they may be a good speed bump on the way to your bank account, but a good attorney will more than likely get there, especially if you were negligent.

If things like this keep you awake at night, this probably isn't the field for you. Every inspection you do is a potential lawsuit.

Good Luck!

Toss the dice and take your chances. As far as Lawyers go. What's 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean..... (Ans.) A good start. (Joke)

There is no REAL good "expert" advice, because no matter what, when you have to go to court, even if you win, you lose. It all boils down to one thing, does not matter if your an LLC, C Corp or anything in between, what matters is how you are preceived by the jury on that day in that court. If the jury can preceive that you formed an LLC to aviod responsibility, than that would be very bad. That would be what the plantif's lawyer might try to do. Slimey B--stards that they are. So in the end, the only expert advice given here, (because you are asking for legality) would be to defer to the Slimey B--stards.

Oh... BTW

Opinions vary.

Louisiana requires $300K E&O and $300K general liability insurance. If you were in my shoes, would you go the LLC route? If an LLC affords limited protection, is it worth it? Will an LLC allow me to sleep more peacefully at night? Apparently most HI businesses on this site aren't LLC's. Am I correct?

Originally posted by BlackJack

Toss the dice and take your chances. As far as Lawyers go. What's 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean..... (Ans.) A good start. (Joke)

There is no REAL good "expert" advice, because no matter what, when you have to go to court, even if you win, you lose. It all boils down to one thing, does not matter if your an LLC, C Corp or anything in between, what matters is how you are preceived by the jury on that day in that court. If the jury can preceive that you formed an LLC to aviod responsibility, than that would be very bad. That would be what the plantif's lawyer might try to do. Slimey B--stards that they are. So in the end, the only expert advice given here, (because you are asking for legality) would be to defer to the Slimey B--stards.

Oh... BTW

Opinions vary.

May I assume that you have a low opinion of lawyers [:-graduat.

Paul Burrell

Dear Realtiy,

The answer is yes.....any advertising material...Phone books, Newspaper, Big sign in front of your house.......will require you to include LLC, Corp, Inc., Etc. Etc. The reason we do this is two fold:

1. We do not want our corporate vail pierced and our personal assests and monies siezed by unscrupulous attorneys.

2. We Form LLC's Corp's, C and S corporations depending on our federal and your state tax structure.

Your best route is to find a CPA you trust and Ask him which is right for your area and the upcoming tax laws (not HR Block) and then You may form your corporation. Whichever it may be, the simple process is usually found on your secretary of states website. Usually less than $100 to form a corporation........ Don't forget you minutes!!!!

Brad