Jump to content

What is this called?


Recommended Posts

It's a slate roof, which needs some work, but nothing remarkable. It was about the brick and the timber.

It's sort of wattle and daub with brick infill. Really crappy idea.

I think Fabry is closest on the brick. Abstract brick expressionism sounds historical; I'll put it in the report and make people ask if it's actually a thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's indeed a 'thing' (pattern) that I see around here once in a while folks... I just would call it a rusticated type pattern.. Newton MA is loaded with these houses.. Slate roofs, copper, stucco, brick, neglected lintels, termites, the steel windows that are 'heat-suckers'.. asbestos-insulation on old steam or gravity heat pipes, under-sized 'new' boilers, buried oil tanks..etc..

My biggest concern when I see these pop up is underground oil tanks.. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...