Best roof cover for low pitch roof

Marc

Yesterday's house had a roof pitch of barely over 2/12 with 3-tabs on top and leak issues throughout.  I'm trying to think of a more appropriate roof cover, something not ugly for this residential area.  We're a hurricane prone area so metal panel is out because wind-driven rain will find it's way under the ridge cap and breach the roof cover.

Any suggestions?

There are special instructions for Shingles when slopes are between 2-4 on 12. Under 2:12 requires a different system.

For example:

http://www.gaf.com/Warranties_Technical_Documents/Steep_Slope_Guides_Application_Instructions/Shingle_Application_Instructions/Timberline_Series_Application_Instructions_English_Spanish_French.pdf

As an aside, it is amazing how often I see building products installed improperly ( i.e. windows, shingles, etc...) while the installation instructions are scattered all over the worksite, written in multiple languages. There should be instructions about how to read instructions.

Edited by Steven Hockstein

21 hours ago, Steven Hockstein said:

There are special instructions for Shingles when slopes are between 2-4 on 12. Under 2:12 requires a different system.

For example:

http://www.gaf.com/Warranties_Technical_Documents/Steep_Slope_Guides_Application_Instructions/Shingle_Application_Instructions/Timberline_Series_Application_Instructions_English_Spanish_French.pdf

As an aside, it is amazing how often I see building products installed improperly ( i.e. windows, shingles, etc...) while the installation instructions are scattered all over the worksite, written in multiple languages. There should be instructions about how to read instructions.

Part of the problem might be that many installers might note be able to "read" ... in any language. :)

1 hour ago, Nolan Kienitz said:

Part of the problem might be that many installers might note be able to "read" ... in any language. :)

That's why I didn't recommend a double underlayment on this 2.2/12 roof.  The problems won't stop in this couillon contractor environment.  I went with the modified bitumen recommendation, hot mopped and in the client's choice of color.