The "Green" Day

Originally posted by kurt

Aahhhh yess, the day Chicagoans turn the river green and invite the entire world to come and drink, eat, & urinate on our sidewalks.

Other than turning the river green, how is that different from any other day? [:-dev3][:D][:-dev3]

Brian G.

When Ya Gotta Go, Ya Gotta Go [:I]

Originally posted by Brian G.

Originally posted by kurt

Aahhhh yess, the day Chicagoans turn the river green and invite the entire world to come and drink, eat, & urinate on our sidewalks.

Other than turning the river green, how is that different from any other day? [:-dev3][:D][:-dev3]

Brian G.

When Ya Gotta Go, Ya Gotta Go [:I]

Every other day they do it on their own; on this day, they're invited.

May your next Guinness be your best one. Happy St Patrick's Day from Needham,Bridgton, and Cork. Wife's people are from Buncrana, Donegal.It's real easy to be Irish in Boston this weekend.[:-party]. Watch PBS this weekend, the New England ASHI guys will be manning the phones.[8D]

Jack O'Ahern Needham on the Green Charles

Bridgton,Maine

Hi All,

Happy St. Paddy's day![:-party]

This used to be one of my favorite days of the year. With a name like Michael Patrick Joseph O'Handley you'd think I'd be 100% Irish. Truth is, I'm not sure whether the progenitor was Irish, Scotch, English or an Arab trader who jumped ship in Scotland (Although I think I'll just go with Scotch or at least Celt.).[:-paperba

We heard for decades that the O'Handley's came to Cape Breton, minus the "O", from County Roscommon. Then a distant cousin emailed me the document below about 5 years ago. What's a mongrel to do when his favorite myth has been destroyed? [:-weepn]

Download Attachment: icon_word.gif OHandleyFamilyHistory.doc

43.96 KB

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

My, the old spell checker has a hard time with the celtic heritage, doesn't it. I haven't seen that much red underlining since I left high school. [;)]

All of our ancestories are pretty much reduced to charming trivalities in this country anyway. Very few of us have any meaningful connection to "the old country". We're a mutt nation by and large, and it's an important part of our genius and success. Whatever we were once, we're now American-That, not That-American, IMHO. We're Americans first.

Brian G.

American By Birth, Southern By the Grace of God, Ornery By Nature [^]