Norm Sage Passed Away

This was posted at IN by Jerry Peck.

With great sorrow that I regret. I must inform you of the death of Norm Sage.

Norm passed away on Friday night (June 23, 2006).

Norm and I knew each other for over 17 years. We almost shared an office together, along with Burt Silver (Burt and Norm did end up sharing an office together for many years, but as a newbie inspector, I could not commit to an office expense at that time).

Viewing on Monday June 26, from 2-4 pm and 6-8, at Babione Funeral Home in Boca Raton (SW Corner of State Rd 7 [441] and Glades Road. Their phone is 561-483-9500.

Funeral services are Tuesday June 27 at 10:30 am

This is sad news indeed, about a long-time member of the TIJ family. In a world with far too much vanilla, Norm was raspberry cheesecake surprize.

I also knew Norm and he will be missed, even by those that only knew him by name.

As usual, Brian's wordsmithing really does reflect my feelings about Norm.

Condolences to the family and I am sure they know Norm impacted this business at a National and International level.

NORMAN SAGE 66, of Boynton Beach, FL passed away on June 24, 2006. Norman is survived by his loving wife of 27 years, Leslie, and children, Jeff, Lori, Marci, Sean, John, Jimmy, and Michelle. He also leaves his grandchildren, Tori, Ali, Garrett, Jacob, Erin, Haley, and Alicia to cherish his memory. He will be deeply missed by those who knew and loved him.

Visiting hours will be held on Monday, June 26, 2006 from 2-4 & 6-8 PM at Babione Funeral Home (west chapel). On Tuesday, June 27, 2006 a Funeral Service will be held at the funeral home at 10:30 AM.

Published in The Palm Beach Post on 6/25/2006.

Norm.jpg

I mostly knew Norm from here (he used to be around pretty regularly), but I talked to him on the phone a few times too. It wasn't hard to get a sense of Norm when he was around a lot. He was a guy who usually did his own thing his own way; a guy who liked a good cold beer (or three); a guy who appreciated the shape of a good-lookin' woman; a guy who liked a good joke; a guy who knew his business; a guy who would help you out if he could. That's a guy I can relate to, and hate to lose.

Brian G.

A Tip of the Hat, and Thank You to Norm [:-angel]