Forced sleeve air?

bigdogbonz

Hey guys,

I have an inspection tomorrow, and the Realtor called to tell me that the Condominiums heating is listed as: Forced Sleeve Air

The realtor said that he never heard of it but wanted to give me a heads-up on it.

I never heard this term before? Is it someone making up a fancy name for your typical Forced Air Furnace?

- the furnace is Electric

- realtor said that there is a switch alone on the wall that says Warm/Cool

Sounds to me like your typical electric furnace and thermostat?

Maybe a heat pump?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for any input!

Randy

Originally posted by bigdogbonz

Hey guys,

I have an inspection tomorrow, and the Realtor called to tell me that the Condominiums heating is listed as: Forced Sleeve Air

The realtor said that he never heard of it but wanted to give me a heads-up on it.

I never heard this term before? Is it someone making up a fancy name for your typical Forced Air Furnace?

- the furnace is Electric

- realtor said that there is a switch alone on the wall that says Warm/Cool

Sounds to me like your typical electric furnace and thermostat?

Maybe a heat pump?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks for any input!

Randy

I call 'em hotel heaters; they're like the heaters in cheap hotels (the only hotel type I'm familiar with). They are the heating/cooling units that fit in a wall sleeve. And, there is usually a switch on the wall saying "Warm/Cool", etc. Very common in condominiums downtown.

Called around to some HVAC guys. They said they have never heard it labeled that way (forced sleeve air). But they said it is the unit found in closets in Condos that have the Furnace/Air combo. Normal ductwork, normal thermostat, etc.

Furnace is on the top, AC evaporator on the bottom. The entire unit is bolted to a sleeve in the closet and can be electric or gas. Unit is exhausted out the wall and is covered with a grill exteriorly.

Examples: Trane (Skymark)

Armstrong (Magic Pack)

Randy

Janitrol was into the self contained, through-the-wall units. These were found in apartments, now gone condo, mid 70's? These were a vertical, gas fired, electric ac unit.

I tried to Google some info for you but Google wasn't in the mood. I see that Goodman now reps the line but that web site didn't show much either. If I come across more information I will post it here.

Perhaps George has some info tucked away somewhere?