Missing Stone Veneer

fqp25

Warranty Inspection, noticed missing pieces of the stone veneer right by the roof. There is a fascia strip, but I don't think it provides enough protection. The Tyvek is exposed.

Should the builder (or somebody) try to cut a piece of stone to fit, or can they get away with sealing this up somehow?

Does anybody think the fascia provides adequate protection? (It is aluminum and very flexible)

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif fqp1.JPG

92.49 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif fqp2.JPG

117.73 KB

Originally posted by fqp25

Warranty Inspection, noticed missing pieces of the stone veneer right by the roof. There is a fascia strip, but I don't think it provides enough protection. The Tyvek is exposed.

Should the builder (or somebody) try to cut a piece of stone to fit, or can they get away with sealing this up somehow?

Does anybody think the fascia provides adequate protection? (It is aluminum and very flexible)

I doubt that the missing bit of fake stone will make any difference to anything.

Tell them to mush that crappy piece of aluminum flashing back against the stone and enjoy their ugly-ass house.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Originally posted by chicago

as they may have some lovely Barrier EIFS covering the rest.

EIFS - Nope, not in this development. Crap on Crap. (Starting with the once fertile farmland which they ripped all the good topsoil off and filled with Crap)

Katon is right, but it's business...

If I had a choice I would rather inspect the cool stuff.