Does anybody know what this is for?

tbird

When I first looked at it I thought it was low voltage too. Not because of the screws, but because the prongs are males. After thinking about it I decided that even if it were low voltage, the live end would still be female.

So I believe it is either some type of antenna connection or to be connected to something that would put power into it, maybe for speakers?

Originally posted by tbird

I got feedback from the previous owner. It was an old TV antenae lead plug. I guess I should have removed the cover at the time of the inspection, it might have helped.

Thanks

Or, you could've just written something like, "I don't know what that little two-prong recessed male plug in the bathroom is. Never seen anything like it."

WJ

Originally posted by SonOfSwamp

Originally posted by tbird

I got feedback from the previous owner. It was an old TV antenae lead plug. I guess I should have removed the cover at the time of the inspection, it might have helped.

Thanks

Or, you could've just written something like, "I don't know what that little two-prong recessed male plug in the bathroom is. Never seen anything like it."

WJ

Yeah, I saw some kind of old thingy a couple of weeks ago. I think it was part of an old 50's era intercom or something like that. The client, a lawyer, asked me what it was. My reply, "Beats le Hell out of me; I've never seen one of those in 11 years at this gig. Ask the homeowner if he or she knows what it is. If they do, let me know so I'll know next time." He chuckled.

Whatever it was, it was dead, had nothing to do with the way the house was functioning, and it wasn't worth wasting time speculating over - there are too many other things to look at and worry about when inspecting.

Clients expect knowledgeable - not encyclopedic.

OT - OF!!!

M.