Sylvania panel

mridgeelk

Hi,

Why tell 'em to evaluate it? Tell them to replace it.

An electrician might find that it's perfectly fine. That's not going to help them if it cooks later on, and it certainly won't help them years down the road when they go to sell and someone like you are I tells a buyer, "Uh, oh, this is a Zinsco panel. It's bad news. You shoud get rid of it."

They're known to be a safety issue now. In my estimation, recommending that clients get rid of them now is the only smart thing to do, because there's no way a buyer is going to give you something indemnifying you from liability for it.

My opinion; your mileage may vary.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone here have any good literature (in PDF format, for example) about Zinsco panels? There are lots of published reports about FPE panels available on the web (like at Mike Holt's site) , and I include these in my hard copy reports, however can never seem to find any good info on the web about Zinsco and their hazards.

That doesn't mean I don't automatically recommend replacement of Zinsco and FPE breaker panels.

Hi Matthew,

Get the computer guru at WIN to go back into the archives of the intra-network discussion forum and dig out my comments from 1996 - 1998 time frame. You'll find extensive discussions of Zinsco right there, including what I learned about this issue from the Sylvania trouble-shooter assigned to investigate the phenomenon when Sylvania bought out Zinsco.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by hausdok

Hi Matthew,

Get the computer guru at WIN to go back into the archives of the intra-network discussion forum and dig out my comments from 1996 - 1998 time frame. You'll find extensive discussions of Zinsco right there, including what I learned about this issue from the Sylvania trouble-shooter assigned to investigate the phenomenon when Sylvania bought out Zinsco.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

intra-network discussion forum????

and dig out my comments from 1996 - 1998 time frame???

Where would I find the intra-network discussion forum? Part of this site?

Originally posted by Kyle Kubs

Originally posted by hausdok

Hi Matthew,

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

intra-network discussion forum????

and dig out my comments from 1996 - 1998 time frame???

Where would I find the intra-network discussion forum? Part of this site?

No, the forum I was talking about is one that's available only to W.I.N.'s franchisees. I posted some information on that forum waaaaay back. I don't have access to it now. Even if I had access, it might not be there anymore, 'cuz they periodically archive that stuff.

OT - OF!!!

Mike