Website

There are hundreds of sites on the internet that would fall into this category. I would just to a Google search.

Question: Why would you want to direct potential clients "away" from your site? I guess this is a personal choice, but I don't want to provide links to other internet sites. One of the goals of a good website is to keep the "surfer" or "potential client" engaged enough to stay and look around.

If you want to provide useful information for the people browsing your site, why not build custom pages with the specific information. That way you are not directing people away from your site.

Just a thought...

-Kevin

Thanks for the good advice you all. I will take it into consideration. Keeping them at my site is important. I want to structure a page with content that would draw higher volume of hits.

I want the page to be informative but also have it intended to land people there by accident. People who might be in the market for my services.

I suppose I could write a FAQ page that would be good for that. What do you think? Would that be better for me than directing them off of my site?

Originally posted by AHI

Thanks for the good advice you all.

I guess your area of MD isn't far enough South to use y'all.

I suppose I could write a FAQ page that would be good for that. What do you think? Would that be better for me than directing them off of my site?

Please avoid the "Why I need an inspection" FAQs that appear on hundreds of HI web sites.

In your original post:

I will have a home maintenance button that will take you to a page of links that can be helpful to the public.

I suggest that button could land visitors on a page of home maintenance tips that you authored. Make it interesting, informative, accurate and full of great keywords. Other HIs might just foolishly link to it, increasing its SE ranking.

Mike, how 'bout a Website Development/Marketing forum.

Originally posted by inspecthistoric

Please avoid the "Why I need an inspection" FAQs that appear on hundreds of HI web sites.

Or if you do have that question, give it a real answer for a change.

"Because only a fool or a moron would sign up for that kind of debt without doing his homework first. You only know what they tell you, and you can't trust that. This is business; hire a professional and get the truth."

Brian G.

Tell It Like It Is [:-angel]